Written by Codie Sanchez Baker Topics: Business & Career Building
Letters to My Younger Self.. These 5 things Change It All
If I could go back and tell my younger self the answers to these five questions, what would I say? What would I tell others who are starting their climb in work and in life? What did I wish I knew when I first started in business? Well I'll tell you just that on this episode. This one is kind of interesting, I have gotten tons of emails from all of you asking me varying questions on how to grow your business, work ideas, how to get a promotion, negotiate a deal and even tips on meditating (still working on this one!).
One email jumped out at me from 17 year old Sarah, asking these below questions. Honestly, she's already ahead of the game at 17 by even thinking of these questions but then I realized maybe we all should be asking ourselves these very same things. I hope you enjoy a brief conversation taking a step back in time.
- If you could give your 17-year-old self any advice, what would it be?
- What were your biggest goals and dreams when you were 17? 20?
- What is your viewpoint on a traditional college education vs. real world experience? How valuable is a college degree in your eyes?
- What book has had the most positive influence on your life?
- Where is your favorite place to find inspiration?
- 2-3 biggest tips for killing self doubt and gaining self confidence?
- I am a naturally very optimistic and positive person, Consequently, I smile A LOT. In business, smiling is often a disadvantage when overused. What are your biggest tips on controlling smiling/ to use it as an advantage? (This question made me smile!)
- How do you maximize your day?
- Biggest tips for building wealth?
Codie Sanchez Baker